Undoubtedly, mobile SMS marketing is increasingly being deployed as one of the hyper-efficient tools of marketing. It covers a huge amount of audience effectively. Text advertising is a technique that uses permission-based text messaging to spread promotional messages. We frequently receive text message specials, new product updates, about sales or any other information because people do SMS marketing and either they handed over this process to any software house or they do this by themselves. As companies had more database of peoples’ emails, ph. Numbers etc. so many brands prefer to avail of this service from a company offering mass text messaging service. In other words, SMS marketing is just another way to reach your potential customers and keep them in the loop about your services.
So How does SMS Marketing work?
- Firstly, your customer opts into your list by texting a special keyword.
- Second, your customer then receives an automated message or special offer promoting your services.
Now you have means of personally contacting your target audience anytime you want to inform them with great new deals and special offers. It’s like having a line of people outside your store who are just waiting for the right opportunity to make a purchase. While other marketing solutions may require a substantial investment. So the low cost of SMS marketing guarantees you a good outcome immediately.
Importance of SMS marketing:
Mobile SMS marketing is rapidly becoming an efficient and effective trend in marketing and is one of the powerful communication tools to reach the targeted audience.
The longer you are in the loop, the stronger your presence becomes. Not only SMS marketing service promotes your products and services but also it builds a long-lasting loyal fan base for your business. It benefits small as well as large businesses. This system is so resilient that once it gains just a little momentum, it does not stop!
SMS Marketing Plan includes:
- Branded SMS: In branded SMS, the company gets access to customers through its brand name. You can send a message to all the networks with the title of your own company instead of any number.
- Non-Branded SMS: Contrary to branded SMS, non-branded are sent with different numbers. The details or contact information of the company are usually mentioned at the end of the text.
Non branded SMS marketing is cheaper than Branded SMS marketing. Furthermore branded SMS found to be more effective and responsive as compared to branded SMS.
How Text messaging service help a business?
If your business has been idle or even falling behind, you need to grab the hands of the fastest, easiest, and most effective means of marketing in order to approach your audience.
If you are looking for more customers or more revenue for your business, the number 1 thing that separates a successful business from its competition comes down to is presence.
In this day and age, it has become extremely hard to keep growing your business without using expensive mass marketing tactics. It is simply impossible to gain this presence through old fashioned forms of advertising such as newspaper ads, radio, TV, and direct mail. After all,
“It takes money to make money.”
What you need is a direct access to your customer’s mind and a way to contact them anytime (Day or Night) and obviously at a cost you can afford. So how are you going to do that? Text messages! i.e.: mobile marketing is an effective and efficient method to get the attention you need.
“So the sooner you act, the more effective it will be.”
Benefits of SMS marketing:
The top 5 text messages’ benefits are listed below:
- Text message marketing has a 93% open rate because there is almost little or no SMS spam.
- 90 % of the text marketing messages are opened within 3-4 minutes. So, it makes it more easy for a brand to gain popularity.
- SMS messages work across all devices and carriers. The level of engagement with SMS text marketing is unparalleled.
- SMS marketing messages are combined with all the other important daily SMS notifications that you receive.
- Last but not least, you can put things like links and clicks to call phone numbers in your text message, which makes it easy to track how successful they are.
A study shows the fact that 64% of all consumers are likely to have a positive perception of the company that offers texting as a service channel
Online marketing’s popularity comes from its non-intrusive nature and easy to read format. Reading a text message requires little or no interruption. This simplicity makes it very powerful.
Email vs. SMS marketing:
People may not need to check emails every ten seconds but they can open their inbox and read text messages right away.
In fact, 93% of text messages are read within 4 minutes of being sent vs. only 30 percent of the emails are opened in 24 hours.
All this adds up to SMS marketing being a must-have in your communication strategy.
SMS Marketing Tips to Remember
- Be sure to create a compelling campaign (text message).
- It should be short and clear Plus insert Call-to-Action into text message campaign like “Buy Now”, “Click here”
- You should know your target customers.
- Get your timings right.
- Make sure SMS opt-in is a prominent feature on your website.
- When you do email marketing, make sure instructions for SMS opt-in are mentioned on it.